When it comes to packing for a Las Vegas vacation with one of our rentals, there are a few key items you’ll need to bring along to make the most of your trip. The good news is that we offer fully stocked camper vans for the vast majority of needs. See below for a full list of what’s included (if you’re not renting from us, you’ll need to bring those thing along for your trip).
Here is our suggested packing list for gear to take on your Las Vegas camper van rental vacation
- Hiking boots and trekking poles.
- Clothes for the weather conditions expected for your destination and time of year.
Don’t forget hats, sunglasses, and other items to protect you from the sun at all times of year. It’s the desert and temperatures swing drastically between night and day and different elevations!
- A 1 liter water bottle, per person.
Rather than getting a big bag of plastic-y water, bring your own nalgene-style water bottle and fill ‘er up when you can.
- Electronics and phone charging cables.
We provide one of the major types, but you’re best to bring what you need!
- Specialized play equipment specific for your activities.
For example, rock climbing gear, birdwatching binoculars, etc.
- Photography equipment and cameras.
- Games, playing cards, devices, and books for entertainment
- If you tend to get cold at night, bring a 12v electrically heated blanket with a cigarette style power plug.
And that’s it! We provide everything else that we think you’ll need. However, when you arrive, you’ll need to go for a grocery shop! We think 3-4 days at a time is the right amount of food. Don’t forget sunscreen and insect repellent.
Stuff You Don’t Need When Renting With VegasCampers.com
There are a few items that you can skip packing because we include them! Here’s what we don’t recommend you bring:
Sleeping bags are an essential piece of gear for any camping trip. But you don’t need to bring it on your own. Las Vegas camper van will give you a sleeping bag that can be converted into either a single or a double. The package will also include 2 pillows, and pillowcases. So if you are going to use this rental van, then make sure to keep your sleeping bag at home for other times. This will not only save you extra space for your other essentials but also keep your personal sleeping bag safe back at home and ready to be used for some other adventure.
Vegascampers will provide you 2 camp chairs, so you don’t need to bring your own chairs. However, if you need more chairs, you can also pack yours. But remember that
- If you do bring your own, make sure to pack them in a way that they won’t take up too much space.
- If you aren’t going to really need camp chairs, don’t bring them. They can be bulky and heavy.
Sheets and Towels
Sheets, pillows, blankets, and towels are provided by Las Vegas camper van rental. Besides that, if you choose another company, you’ll likely be able to find sheets and towels at your RV Park or campground. However, some points are to remember.
- Make sure you pack them in a way that won’t take up too much space if you bring your own.
- As sheets and towels are bulky and heavy, bring them only if needed.
You don’t really need to pack your whole wardrobe for a trip. A few days’ worth of clothes will suffice. Remember, you can always do laundry while you reach your travel destination.
Besides this, a few pairs of shoes will be more than enough. Even if you need something, you can easily buy it at the moment, so there’s no need to bring your extra footwear.
Also, you won’t need heavy coats and jackets if you’re not visiting somewhere during the winter.
Too much cash/Expensive jewelry
It’s always a good idea to bring extra cash with you on vacation, but you don’t need to bring your life savings. If you are planning to go to some famous city such as Las Vegas, you’ll find plenty of ATMs and banks here, so you can always get more cash if you need it.
Although Las Vegas is a safe city, it’s best to leave your most valuable possessions at home. There’s no need to take any unnecessary risks.
Tip: You should also avoid portable shower, first aid kit coffee makers, salad bowls, plates, and bowl cups.. because it’s all included!
When renting with us, here’s a full list of what’s included with your rental:
- 2 lawn chairs
- Sleeping-bag style sheet (fits two)
- 2 pillows with pillowcases
- 1 blanket summer, 2 winter
- Sleeping bag (can be a double or two singles)
- 2 large towels
- 2 hand towels
- Shower head, hose, pump and rubber bucket w/lid
- Portable fan (summer only)
- Portable heater (winter only)
- Bluetooth speaker
- Flashlight (batteries)
- Hanging curtain bulbs (batteries)
- Headlamp (batteries)
- One of each major charging cable
- 2 USB two plugs, 1 four-port USB plug
- Fairy lights
- Bucket under passenger seat
- Step stool
- Jumper cables
- Portable table
- Windshield sunshade
- 2 butane fuel canisters
- Hand soap, dish soap, sponge
- 6 awning stakes
- Windshield phone mount
- 2 paper towel rolls
- 1 toilet paper
- Cleaning spray
- Trash bags
- Hot sauce
- Tin foil/saran wrap (if available)
- 4 coffee packets, 4 tea bags
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Butane stove
- Sanitize refrigerator
- Coffee maker
- Corkscrew, can opener, scissors
- Tongs, spatula, serving spoon
- Salad bowl, pasta strainer
- 2 cups, 2 plates, 2 bowls, 2 mugs,
- Pot, lid, pan
- Paring knife, cutting board
Because of all of these items included with your rental, you won’t need to worry about packing or buying any of them. Thats why we think renting from us the best and easiest and most economical way to have an amazing camper van vacation from Las Vegas!